This is quite possibly the biggest trap for folk who are trying to live right.
We know premarital sex is wrong.
We know extramarital sex is wrong.
We know it in our hearts and our heads, but our flesh has difficulty complying with the ordinances from upper management. So we compromise and satisfy the desire of the flesh– alone.
You figure out the m-word yet? No? Well, I’ll keep writing. It will come to you.
When you’re by yourself on a Friday night after a long week at work, you’ll start feeling a little tingly down under. You may even send that late night text. No response. No resolution. Ah yes! I’ll do it myself!
For years, I was bound. I won’t be graphic, but I will say that every time I became stressed about money, angry with someone close to me, bored… it was my vice. I’ve never been one for drinking, never done any type of drug… but this thing here had me defeated. More than anything, I wanted God to make me pure again, and every day I’ve come closer to that goal.
Now many of you may not feel m-ing is wrong or bad, but if you feel that way you probably haven’t agreed with much of anything I’ve written thus far. I don’t mind your disagreeing. Thanks for reading anyway…
For those of us who feel the Holy Spirit’s conviction let me express to you why the the “m”-word is a problem in your daily walk.
- You are polluting your body, mind, emotions, and spirit. The original word in Latin literally means “to pollute oneself.” One day somebody’s going to want to drink from your cistern (if you’re not already married). And no matter how deep or shallow the well, no one wants to drink dirty water.
- It doesn’t satisfy the need for a connection. This “quick fix” is like putting a bandage over a huge gaping wound. Your need for the s-word is more than just physical whether you choose to believe that or not.
- It creates soul ties with a person who ain’t even present. You’re thinking about Mademoiselle X or Monsieur Y and releasing all those love-inducing hormones for a person who isn’t even in your space. What happens when you see them again and you’re feeling all amorous, and they’re just dapping you up like a homey? Hop on down that bunny trail… you can find the ending yourself.
- If you’re married, you may be defrauding your partner and you definitely are if the p-word is involved. You know those sites that are so easily accessible? They have NO PLACE in the life of a Christ-follower. The two together have destroyed many marriages. I’ll write more about this another time.
- Long term addictions to this particular problem are usually associated with rejection. David’s father, Jesse, rejected him at a young age and ever since David had issues with women. I’ve also read (no citation for this particular point… sorry) that children who grow up with fighting-arguing-cussing parents use this particular thing as a form of stress relief. What are we doing to our children?!
So how does one break free from this vicious cycle,
assuming one WANTS to break free?
With love, sincerity, and hope for your future of PURITY,