A few months have passed since I wrote the post about the incubus and succubus spirits, and folks from all over the world (crazy, right?) have emailed me confessing that they’ve felt suffered from these attacks. Over the past few weeks, I’ve encountered some other sorts of spiritual attacks that are worth discussing.
It all started on a Tuesday afternoon. I was in the middle of a fast, and especially tired. I napped, dreamed about a friend, and woke up with crazy stomach pain. I couldn’t make it to service at church that night, so I watched it online and prayed along with the guest minister. I dozed and woke up around midnight from a vision…
I saw myself standing outside my apartment. There was no light anywhere except for at the door. I felt unsafe and heard people running and shouting up and down the street. I opened my apartment door and shouted “I can see you!” into the black night thinking it would ward off the strangers. Soon as the door opened I felt someone push past me into my apartment. When I looked inside, I saw a short figure with muscles running recklessly through my apartment. At that point I jumped out of my bed and began to pray. I warred in the spirit by praying in tongues for twenty minutes or so. After playing some worship music I dozed back to sleep confident that the evil spirit had been evicted. (Unlike dreams, visions are interactive. You experience them rather than just visualizing them. All of my physical senses were fully activated during this experience.)
Around 2:30 am I felt my body get incredibly hot. I tried to walk up the hallway to turn adjust the thermostat only to discover that I could not walk and could not see. I bounced from wall to wall until I hit my head forcefully on one wall and fell to the floor. I felt my mind beginning to slip, so I cried out to the Lord to help me. I knew that if I didn’t get off the floor I’d either end up in the hospital or worse. Thoughts of B&B being cared for by another sobered my thoughts and gave me the ability to cope with the pain. I crawled off the floor, turned down the heat, drank a glass of water, and passed out on the sofa. I could literally feel the intense heat lift out of my body.
The next day I stayed home to recover. The stomach pain lasted longer than expected, and I could hardly eat the rest of the week. That afternoon, one of my girlfriends called to tell me she woke up around 2:30am and felt the urgency to pray for me until 4 that morning. What if she had not obeyed? My God!
Three other spiritual dreams followed over the next month, but thankfully, they were less intense. In the second encounter I saw a beautiful, but evil young woman mocking me. I asked the Lord who this woman was, and He said “She’s the one taking your blessings.” I had seen her many times before in my dreams, but only this time was it brought to my conscious mind.
The third dream revealed a large woman who monitored everything I was doing to the point that created a hole between my home and hers so that she could hear and watch what I was doing. I’ve had dreams of this spirit since I was a very young child, but again, only now was it brought to my conscious mind.
This is a deep topic, but there are five points I want you get out of this post as it pertains to spiritual warfare.
- God wants the absolute best for your life, and the devil only wants to steal, kill, and destroy. He HATES you and is working overtime to scatter the good things in your life. Don’t get it twisted… Any good thing the devil brings will end in heartache and shame, or worse.
- When you receive Christ in your heart you are saved immediately in your spirit, but salvation of the soul is progressive. Demons dwell in the soul of believers until we become free from them. Those who never receive deliverance find themselves frustrated in trying to live a holy life before the Lord. Many more, just don’t want to be free so they will not see the fullness of the promises of God in their lives on this earth.
- Evil spirits come through a few avenues, particularly through family lines (generational curses, sins of the forefathers, promises and vows made by our parents, etc.), sins we commit, and sins committed against us. Repentance and prayer will keep these forces.
- Spiritual attacks can be frightening particularly when we are spiritually strong enough to deal with them, BUT these attacks do not mean that God does not love us or that He has abandoned us. He is simply exposing the enemy and calling our attention to a serious matter that must be addressed through reading the Word, prayer and fasting.
- Only the name of Jesus Christ spoken by those who have an intimate relationship with the Him can defeat powers of darkness. If you find yourself unable to move or speak when under attack and the spirit won’t leave, that is an indication that you must draw closer to the Master. The enemy knows who bears light and who is claiming they bear light but have no power. Don’t be like the seven sons of Sceva, try to fake the funk, and get that tail whipped.
There is more to come on this topic, but I’m curious to hear what’s going on in your spiritual life? Who are you seeing in your dreams and visions? What happens in your life before a breakthrough? I’m listening! Email me through the Contact page or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With love, sincerity, and hope for your future,